Funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
Project Partners: Free University of Berlin (FUB), German Red Cross (DRK)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Strohschneider (project leader)
- Pablo Holwitt, M.A.
- Sina Kaiser, M.A.
- Ines Kranert, B.A.
- , M.A.
- Development of a formal theoretical model of the motives for volunteering or non-commitment.
- Analysis of the mechanisms of social reciprocity in different cultures; mechanisms of group-related affiliation, in-group and out-Group formation. What barriers can be identified that stand in the way of helping and involvement in different cultures and areas? On the other hand: What can the individual gain from volunteering?
- It is expected that from goals 1. to 3. successful strategies for the acquisition of voluntary relief workers from so far not represented milieus can be derived. For these groups, both the training needs analysis as well as the typical conditions (language, literacy, etc.) must be clarified.
- Development of strategies for the acquisition of volunteer emergency workers and their integration in the respective service tasks and service cultures.
- Development of culturally sensitive teaching methodology and development of targeted curricula and methods.
- Evaluation of the courses and seminars developed during the project.